Advanced Ultrasound Scanning: Phase 4
April 24 - April 25
The following topics are covered during the courses:
- physical principles of ultrasonography
- ultrasound machines
- ultrasound technique
- the estrous cycle
- the follicular dynamics
- ultrasound check of the uterus: physio-pathology
- ultrasound diagnosis of pregnancy
- use of Doppler for the diagnosis of non-pregnancy
- ultrasound diagnosis of twin gestation
- ultrasound diagnosis of foetal sex
- early diagnosis of late embryonic death
- ultrasound diagnosis of pathologies of pregnancy
- ultrasound diagnosis of foetus malformations
- economic evaluation related to the use of ultrasound in bovine reproduction
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who has completed Phase 1 – 3 of the Ultrasound Scanning Course who would like to gain a more comprehensive knowledge of the above
- Those who would like to begin a career in Ultrasound Scanning
- Vets seeking to earn CPD points
***The entry requirement for this course is that you must have completed DIY AI Training, Phase 1 Foundation Palpation Training,Phase 2 Theory in Ultrasound Scanning Training and Phase 3 Applied Practical Ultrasound Scanning.
Course Instructed by Dr. Giovanni Maria Gnemmi DVM, Ph.D., Diplomado ECBHM
Since 1993, Dr. Gnemmi has been working with ultrasonography in cattle, trying to incorporate this method in herd management. Dr. Gnemmi’s fields of interest are reproductive management (ultrasound diagnosis of embryonic death, follicular dynamics, synchronization programs, uterine and ovary ultrasonography, transition management), preventive medicine and continuing education of dairy workers and veterinarians. In these areas of expertise, he has developed an international experience, both as a consultant to large-very large herd managers in Europe, South America, China, Middle East, Africa and as an instructor in more than 280 training courses in the world.
He’s the author of 2 atlases on bovine reproductive ultrasonography (Le Point Veterinaire 2004, MEDCOM 2010 French version, Blackwell 2011 English version). He has numerous publications, many of them in peer-reviewed journals and has presented approximately 300 invited lectures at national-international meetings.
There is grant aid available for our course from Macra Skillnet