Foundation Palpation Training (Phase 1) in June 2022
June 14 - June 17
What are the key components of this course?
This four-day course is designed to develop skills in palpation of the cow (no ultrasound scanner is used). Participants will engage in palpation of cows using the hand to identify and understand open cows, pregnant cows and identify structures on the ovaries. Throughout the course, we will also examine reproduction tracks to identify ovaries, follicles, CLs and other identifiable features. By the end of this course, participants will understand CL’s, follicles, ovaries and how to find the reproduction organ.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is suitable for:
- Farmers who wish to gain an understanding of gestation.
- Students who are eager to enrich their practical knowledge.
- Vets looking to earn CPD points.
- People who wish to gain a greater understanding of reproduction.
- Those looking to start a career in ultrasound scanning.
Basic requirement is completing DIY AI Training
How much does this course cost?
This four-day course costs €500.
There is grant aid available for our course from Macra Skillnet