- This event has passed.
One Day Hoof Trimming Programme – Phase 1
October 13 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The one-day hoof trimming, and lameness mobility workshop is designed to assist you in identifying problems with the hoof.
- Safety considerations around animals
- Anatomy of the hoof
- Why we should routinely trim the hoof
- Factors that contribute to lameness
- Tour of yards/housing and farm roadways to identify high risk areas, discussion, and prevention solution for the farm.
- We plan to run two separate days as we like to have a group maximum of 10 participants.
- Course is delivered by our Professional Trainers and Vet
- Certificate of completion will be issued
- 9am until 4pm daily with a half hour lunch break, we will implement the Covid 19 procedures, hand sanitizers, mask wearing, disinfection point upon entry to yard.