Phase 1 Foundation Palpation Training (FPT) is a 4-day course designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of cow scanning. This course serves as the starting point for individuals interested in learning how to scan cows and is an essential step in their journey towards becoming proficient in scanning techniques.
During the course, participants will focus on hand palpation, which is a crucial aspect of cow scanning as it constitutes approximately 70% of the scanning process. By mastering hand palpation, participants will gain a solid foundation in understanding the reproductive organs, including the uterus, ovaries, follicles, and identifying pregnant animals. Additionally, participants will learn to identify common reproductive problems and develop the necessary techniques required for successful cow palpation.
This course is suitable for a range of individuals, including:
- Farmers: Farmers who wish to enhance their understanding of gestation and reproductive health in cows will find this course valuable in improving their practical knowledge.
- Students: Students eager to enrich their practical knowledge in the field of cow scanning and reproduction will benefit from this course as it provides a solid foundation for further learning.
- Veterinarians: Veterinarians seeking to earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points can participate in this course to expand their expertise in cow palpation and reproductive health.
- Individuals interested in reproduction: This course is also suitable for individuals who have a keen interest in gaining a greater understanding of reproduction in cows and the techniques involved in cow scanning.
- Aspiring ultrasound scanners: Individuals looking to pursue a career in ultrasound scanning, specifically in the field of cow scanning, can use this course as a starting point to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills.
Foundation Palpation Training (FPT) is as follows:
Day 1: Introduction to Hand Palpation and Reproductive Organs
- Identifying the cervix and uterus
- Understanding the opening and cycling patterns in cows
Day 2: Ovaries and Follicles
- Identifying structures on the ovaries, including follicles and corpus luteum (CL)
- Understanding the role of these structures in the reproductive process
Day 3: Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Identifying pregnant cows and understanding the stages of gestation
- Differentiating between pregnant and non-pregnant cows using palpation techniques
Day 4: Recap and Practical Application
- Reviewing the topics covered in the previous three days
- Practicing and applying the learned techniques through hands-on exercises
By the end of Phase 1 Foundation Palpation Training, participants will have gained a comprehensive understanding of hand palpation techniques, reproductive organs, identification of structures on the ovaries, pregnancy diagnosis, and other essential skills related to cow scanning. This knowledge will provide a strong foundation for further learning and development in the field of cow scanning.
*The entry requirement for this course is that you must have successfully completed DIY AI Training
Course funding may be available through the LOETB – Terms and Conditions Apply.
Register your interest now.