May 9 - May 12
Phase 1 Foundation Palpation Training (FPT)* is a 4 day course. Phase 1 begins your journey to learn how to scan cows. It starts with Hand Palpation. Scanning Cows is 70% use of the hand, and so hand palpation is a very important step in your overall journey into learning more about Scanning.
- Handling the reproductive organ and identifying the uterus, ovaries, follicles and
- Identifying pregnant animals
- Identifying reproductive problems
- Identifying the technique required to palpate cows.
Who is this course for?
- Farmers who wish to gain an understanding of Gestation.
- Students who are eager to enrich their practical knowledge.
- Vets seeking to earn CPD points.
- People who wish to gain a greater understanding of Reproduction.
- Those looking to begin a career in Ultrasound Scanning.
*The entry requirement for this course is that you must have successfully completed DIY AI Training (details for this course are also in this catalogue)
There is grant aid available for our course from Macra Skillnet